|Events Calendar||Water Activities||Moutain Activities||Other Activities||Links||Permits|
Who are the Activate Team?
The Activate Team is a Scout Active Support Unit whose members are dedicated to the provision of outdoor pursuits across Hereford and Worcester Scout County and beyond. They are the delivery arm of the Counties Activity Team providing activities with their team of instructors and supporting the work of the other Activity Team members such as the County Advisors and Assessors. For the Activate website, please click here.
Can the Activate Team help you?
We can offer help with running or resourcing activities for your unit: -
• Climbing and Abseiling sessions and courses to suit your needs
• Hill Walking days and courses
• Mountain Biking days out under qualified Leadership
• Paddle Sport Activities; Kayaking, Canoeing, rafting and Bell Boating
• Sailing, Windsurfing and power boating
• Shooting, Archery and Fencing sessions
• Narrow Boat Training
• Leader training in rock climbing, power boating, hill walking and paddlesports
• Try out sessions for Leaders
• Team building sessions for your leaders and Members
• Equipment hire from the Teams stock of well maintained gear including paddling and climbing equipment
• Advice on purchasing your own equipment from our experienced instructors
• And much, much more…
What events do the Activate Team run or support?
The Team run and assist on various activities around the County including: -
Who can join the Activate Team?
Membership of the team is open to any adult with an interest in the delivery of outdoor pursuits to young people. Current members have joined the Team from both inside and outside of Scouting. Many of our members hold other appointments within Scouting but have joined the Activate Team to pass on their activity expertise to a wider audience.
Our members commit to as much time as they can give us, be that lots of instructional sessions or just the odd session throughout the year. Membership brings the benefit of working within a large team of dedicated instructors who can offer help, support and other training, including other activities. The Activate Team is self-financing and makes no charge for members.
How can I contact the Team?
For further information contact the team at e-mail - email@example.com
Or find us on Facebook or Twitter by clicking here:
Check the County Calendar and the Activate Events Page for any Activate lead events coming up.
Or come and see us face to face for a chat at our month meeting, which is always open to any adults involved in Scouting. Just come along to the Old Beams Public House in Stourport on the second Monday in every month. Meetings are very much an informal get together for a quiet drink and to swap news and views.
The Old Beams is situated next to the team’s fabulous storage facility in the Old Barn Scout HQ. The building is shared with Severn and Teme Scout District who use two fifths of the building, with the remaining three fifths making up the team’s storage areas and training / meeting room. To find the Old Beams, please click here.