From the start of 2017, we have been advised that the new training provision for Managers and Supporters in Scouting will be rolled out in phases; in different parts of the UK.
The current Manager/ Supporter modules will be replaced with more up to date resources, to better support our volunteers in these critical roles. The new training scheme will consist of:
- Getting Started (Essential Information, PLP and Tools for the Role (Managers and Supporters)
- Training for All Appointments (Fundamentals of Scouting, Changes in Scouting, Scouting for All, First Aid, Administration, Delivering a Quality Programme)
- Independent Learning, covering the knowledge required by Learners including videos, e-learning and workbooks
- Skills courses (three courses focusing on Skills of Management, Meeting the Challenges and Achieving Growth)
In the interim, we will be launching a range of Independent Learning resources, the first of which are five videos with accompanying learning guides. They cover the following topics:
- Enabling change
- Planning for Growth
- Building Effective Teams
- Dealing with Difficult Situations
- Keeping, Developing and Managing Volunteers
These resources can be used to:
- Complement some of the current modules.
- Provide independent learning for new Managers and Supporters
- Provide ongoing learning for existing Managers and Supporters.
For more information and to view the new videos and learning guides, please click here.